Commentary to the 30th Æthyr:
2. Cf. Liber AL, II:7.
(“I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.”)
3. North - Destruction: The old Formula is abrogated.
[The MS has “on whose back and front are
5. [the MS has “(against the Cubic Stone?)”]
6. Cf. Liber AL, III:71. Also, LIL.
(“Hail! ye twin warriors about the pillars of the world! for your time is nigh at hand.”)
7. ♄ = 400, Death = 50; 450,
8. Represents the Forumla of Drawing All to a Point; whence blooms erect a Triple Triad.
9. See table below:
The old Formula is abrogated.
Adepts: gleansed of their Blood and brought to Light.
There is a way to Light through giving up one’s Blood. (See 12th Æthyr.)
Silence. “Marriage in Binah.”
This leads to the Rapture of the Ineffable Union.
Fate (Refusing Initiation)
The alternative is despair - of loneliness.
11. [The MS has “letters of Blue
12. [Matthew 4:7]
(“Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.”)
13. Symbolism of the Cup of Babalon.
14. This refers to Kether. Also to Horus.
15. The Closing of the Old Æon.
16. The Swastika has 17 squares out of 25, the Pentagram, or Human square. It is also
17. Means the Stooping Dragon (see the Golden Dawn 4°=7□ ritual), but also the phrase = break the Maidenhead of Draco (Nuit).
19. [The MS has “on which was written
21. Tegragrammaton - the blind forces of the Elements - bind the Uninitiate. He may attain to the Pentagram - Jeheshua - the Man, master of those elements. But he cannot reach Seven - Babalon -
22. [Mark 1: 24.]
(“Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.”)
23. [The MS has “